This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sumitomo Electric's Navigation Systems for Private Automobiles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The recently developed navigation systems discussed in this paper include location detection using map-matching, map display, and improved man-machine interface functions, and are contained in a stand-alone system installed in passenger cars. The newest system uses a fiber optic gyroscope as a rotation rate sensor, and improved map-matching method to get high accuracy. As to driving guide information, the system can display road information from road side radio beacons, and can play CD-ROM discs based on CDCRAFT which is proposed in Japan as a common standard of CD format and application program for navigation systems.
|Technical Paper||Development of a Standalone Navigation and Audio-Visual System (Multi-AV System)|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Navigation Systems: Is America Ready?|
CitationIkeda, H., Kobayashi, Y., Kawamura, S., and Nobuta, H., "Sumitomo Electric's Navigation Systems for Private Automobiles," SAE Technical Paper 912789, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/912789.
- Inose H. Okamoto H. Yumoto N. ‘A Multi-Computer System, Metropolitan Tokyo Traffic Control and Surveillance System’ 2nd International Symposium on Traffic Control 1974
- Yumoto N. Tabe T. Ihara H. Naniwada M. ‘Outline of the CACS Pilot Test System’ 58th Annual Meeting Transportation Research Board Washington, D. C. January 1979
- Yumoto N. Mitoh K. ‘Development of Advanced Dynamic Navigation System’ paper 910037 presented at 24th International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation Conference Florence May 1991
- French R. L. Lang G. M. ‘Automatic Route Control System’ IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology 23 2 May 1973
- Mitou K. ‘Multi-AV System for Nissan's Automobiles’ Update on International Development in Intelligent Vehicle-Highway system TRB 69th Annual Meeting January 1990
- Itoh T. Tunoda S. Hirano K. Tanaka J. ‘Navigation System with Map Matching Method’ Paper 900471 1990
- Matsuda Y. Fusjita Y. Kobayashi Y. ‘Man-Machine Interface and the Control Software for Automobile Navigation System’ Paper 910060 1991
- Sawai T. Sakamoto F. Hayashi K. ‘Fiber-Optic Data Link for Vehicle Navigation’ Paper 900626 1990
- Nishiura Y. Nishikawa M. Ooka A. Kohsaka Y. ‘Compact Fiber Optic Gyro’ Sumitomo Electric Technical Review 30 June 1990
- Tujimoto K. Kumamoto H. Sumizawa A. Ito T. ‘CD Software Specifications For Vehicle Information Display System CDCRAFT (CD and CRT Applied Format)’ 1990 IEEE Workshop on Electronic Applications in Transportation
- Shibano Y. Norikane T. Iwai T. Yamada M. Tsurui S. ‘Development of Mobile Communication System for RACS’ VNIS '89 Toronto September 1989
- Takada K. Tanaka Y. Igarashi A. Fujita D. ‘Road/Automobile Communication System (RACS) and its Economic Effect’ VNIS '89 Toronto September 1989
- Tsuzawa M. Okamoto ‘Advanced Mobile Traffic Information and Communication System-AMTICS’ VNIS '89 Toronto September 1989