Effect of ADOIL TAC Additive on Diesel Combustion
Published November 1, 1991 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Korea in South Korea
Annotation ability available
Some papers on the combustion in a diesel engine have been already presented to discuss the effect of the additive called ADOIL TAC. A bottom view DI diesel engine driven at 980rpm with no load was used in the experiment presented here, in order to make clear this effect. JIS second class light diesel fuel oil was injected through a hole nozzle at the normal test run. The additive was intermixed 0.01 vol. % in this fuel oil, in the experiments to compare with the normal combustion. The flame was taken by direct high-speed photography. Profiles of flame temperature and KL were detected on the film by image processing, applying the two-color method. Soot was visualized by high-speed laser shadowgraphy, and the heat release rate was calculated using the cylinder pressure diagram. Discussion on the effect of the additive on the combustion phenomena was made by using all the data.
CitationFujimoto, H., Ishiguro, F., Senda, J., and Kimura, N., "Effect of ADOIL TAC Additive on Diesel Combustion," SAE Technical Paper 912555, 1991.
- Szymanski, R.W., “Final Report on the Investigation of the Influence of ADOIL TAC Additive to the Distilate Oil Fuel of Performance of a Single Cylinder Diesel Engine”. Middlesex Polythechnic Report, R2/1669 (1986).
- Matsui, Y., Kamimoto, T., and Matsuoka, S., “A study on the Application of the Two-Color Method to the Measurement of Flame Temperature and Soot Concentration in Diesel Engines”, SAE Paper. No. 800970 (1980).
- Kontani, K., and Gotoh, S., “Measurement of Soot in a Diesel Combustion Chamber by Light Extinction Method and In-Cylinder Observation by Highspeed Shadowgraphy”, SAE Paper. No. 831291 (1983).
- Ahn S-G., Kamimoto, T., Matsui, Y. and Matsuoka, S., “Measurement of Flame Temperature Distribution in a Diesel Engine by Means of Image Analysis of High Speed Photographs”, Trans.JSME, Vol. 47(B), No. 417 (1981), pp. 896 - 903 (in Japanese).
- Fujimoto, H., Sato, G.T., Kuniyoshi, H., Ishii, Y. and Endo, Y., “Investigation on Combustion in Medium-Speed Diesel Engines Using Model Chambers”, Proc. 12th CIMAC, B-23 (1977).