This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Description of Auto/Oil Air Quality Improvement Research Program
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An overview of Phase 1 of the Auto/Oil Air Quality Improvement Research Program is presented. Specific information is provided on each of the individual test fuel matrices that were conducted to investigate vehiclelfuel “system” effects on emissions. Procedures for sampling exhaust, evaporative, and running loss vehicle emissions are described, as well as techniques developed for speciation of individual hydrocarbons. Air quality models to project ozone reduction potential of reformulated gasolines and methanol, and economic studies to estimate the relative cost-effectiveness of the vehiclelfuel alternatives are also briefly explained.
|Technical Paper||Modeling the Impact of Reducing Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emissions with High Compression Engines and High Octane Low Carbon Fuels|
|Technical Paper||Global Warming: The Implication for Alternative Fuel|
CitationBurns, V., Benson, J., Hochhauser, A., Koehi, W. et al., "Description of Auto/Oil Air Quality Improvement Research Program," SAE Technical Paper 912320, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/912320.
- “Cleaner Motor Vehicles: The Challenge Being Met,” Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association September 1988
- The Federal Clean Air Act November 1990 The Low Emissions Vehicle/Clean Fuels Program California Air Resources Board September 1990
- Hochhauser A.M. et.al. “The Effect of Aromatics, MTBE, Olefins, and T90 on Mass Exhaust Emissions from Current and Older Vehicles,” SAE Paper 9 12322 October 1991
- Benson I.D. et.al. “The Effects of Gasoline Sulfur Level on Automotive Exhaust Emissions,” SAE Paper 912323 October 1991
- Gorse, R.A. Jr. et.al. “Toxic Air Pollutant Emissions from Reformulated Gasolines,” SAE Paper 912324 October 1991
- PaN R.H. McNally M.J. “Fuel Blending and Analysis for the Auto/Oil Air Quality Improvement Research Prograrn,” SAE Paper 902098 October 1990
- Pollack A.K. et.al. “Auto/Oil Air Quality Improvement Research Program: Description of Working Data Set,” Systems Applications International April 1991
- Schuetzie D. et.al. “Advanced Vehicle Emissions Analytical Methodologies - Auto/Oil AQIRP,” Analytical Chemistry December 1991
- Code of Federal Regulations July 1989
- Hawkins D.M. Perold A.F. “On the Joint Distribution of Left- and Right- Sided Outlier Statistics,” Utilitas Mathematica 12 129 143 1977