This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simultaneous Optimum Design Method for Multiple Dynamic Absorbers to Control Multiple Resonance Peaks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
‘Three kinds of new simultaneous optimum design methods of plural dynamic absorbers are proposed. These methods allow the optimum tuning in many natural modes of multiple degrees of freedom structures or a continuous bodies simultaneously to effectively suppress vibration. Changes of natural modes and natural frequencies of the main structure due to added mass effect of dynamic absorbers can be taken into account in the design. Validity and usefulness of the proposed methods are verified by both a computer simulation and by experiments.
|Technical Paper||Model-in-the-Loop Track Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Modeling Aerodynamic Problems Using Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH)|
CitationSeto, K., Yamashita, S., Okuma, M., and Nagamatsu, A., "Simultaneous Optimum Design Method for Multiple Dynamic Absorbers to Control Multiple Resonance Peaks," SAE Technical Paper 911067, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911067.
- Ormondroyd, J. Den Hartog, J.P. “The Theory of the dynamic Vibration Absorber” Trans.ASME 50 1928 9
- Harris, C.M. Crede, C.E. “Shock and Vibration Handbook” McGraw-Hill 6
- Hunt, J.B. “Dynamic Vibration Absorbers” 1979 Mechanical Engineering Publications Ltd
- Snowdon, J.C. “Dynamic Vibration Absorbers That Have Increased Effectiveness” J. Engineering for Industry, Trans.ASME 96 1974 940
- Srinivasan, A.V. “Analysis of Parallel Damped Dynamic Vibration Absorbers” J. Engineering for Industry, Trans.ASME 91 1969 282
- Seto, K. Iwanami, K. “An Investigation ofthe Vibration Isolator Equipped with Dual Dynamic Dampers as a Damping Element” Bull. of JSME 24 197 1981 2013
- Iwanami, K. Seto, K. “An Optimum Design Method for the Dual Dynamic Damper and its Effectiveness” Bull. of JSME 27 231 1984 1965
- Joong, H.K. Song, P.C. “An Application of a Dual Mode Dynamic Damper to Control Steering Wheel Shimmy and Shake Problems” SAE Paper # 871153
- Snowdon, J.C. “Vibration and Shock in Damped Mechanical Systems” 1968 Weley, New York
- Seto, K. Okuma, M. Yamashita, S. Nagamatsu, A. “Method of Estimating Equivalent Mass of Multi-Degrees-of-Freedom System” JSME Int. J. 30 268 1987 1638
- Seto, K. Takita, Y. “Vibration Control in Multi-Degree-of-Freedom System by Dynamic Absorbers (Report 1: On the Design Method for Dynamic Absorbers ) ” Vibration Control and Active Suppression 4 1987 169
- Seto, K. “Vibration Control in Multi-Degree-of-Freedom System by Dynamic Absorbers (Report 2: On the Design of the Dynamic Absorbers using the Transfer Matrix)” Vibration Control and Active Suppression 4 1987 177
- Yaniashita, S. Seto, K. Okuma, M. Nagamatsu, A. “Vibration Control in Plane Structure by Dynamic Absorbers” Proc. KSME/JSME Vibration Conf. '87 1987 74
- Seto, K. Yamashita, S. “Vibration Control of Γ-Shaped Structure by Dynamic Absorbers” Proc. Asia Vibration Conf. '89 1989 394