This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reduction of Idling Rattle Noise in Trucks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Optimization of the clutch torsional characteristics is one of the effective methods to reduce the idling rattle noise. Many researches on th.s problem have been reported, but only few of them give sufficient consideration to the drag torque applied to the clutch disc during engine idling.
This paper pays attention to the drag torque and discusses the mechanism of idling rattle noise by using vehicle testing, bench test with rotating torsional exciter and computer simulation.
Reauction of Idling
CitationChikatani, Y. and Suehiro, A., "Reduction of Idling Rattle Noise in Trucks," SAE Technical Paper 911044, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911044.
- Frantz Robert A. et al. “Cam-Driv(n Member Assembly-Improvements in Clutch Neutral Rattle Perforiance” SAE Paper 841195
- Seaman Robert L. et al. “Component Inertial Effects on Transmission Design” SAE Paper 841686
- Ohnuma Satoru et al. “Research on Idling Rattle of Manual Transmission” SAE Paper 850979
- Fujimoto Tsutomu et al. “Reduction of Idling Rattle in Manual Transmission” SAE Paper 870395
- Weidner Georg et al. ATZ 92 1990 6 320 326