This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On the Feasibility of Small, Transcontinental Commuter Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Air travelers between medium sized coastal cities in the USA are faced with a major inconvenience: they are forced by existing airline schedules to make at least one stop in a major hub with a change of airplane and, sometimes even a change in air carrier. This inconvenience translates into lost time, missing of a connection due to delays and possible loss of luggage. These inconveniences could be alleviated if non-stop, coast-to-coast small jet commuters could be designed such that they can compete with the existing transcontinental transports on a DOC per passenger seat-mile basis. It is shown that significant advances in aerodynamic and propulsion design technology will be needed to enable the profitable development of such airplanes.
|Technical Paper||AIRCRAFT RADIATORS|
|Technical Paper||FUNDAMENTALS of AIRPLANE DESIGN|
|Technical Paper||Brake System Design for Medium/Heavy Trucks to Meet FMVSS 105-75 Stopping Distance Requirements|
CitationRoskam, J. and Wetzel, K., "On the Feasibility of Small, Transcontinental Commuter Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 911023, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/911023.
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Preliminary Sizing of Airplanes 1989
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Preliminary Configuration Design and Integration of the Propulsion System 1989
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Layout Design of Cockpit, Fuselage, Wing and Empennage: Cutaways and Inboard Profiles 1989
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Layout Design of Landing Gear and Systems 1989
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Component Weight Estimation 1989
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic, Thrust and Power Characteristics 1987
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Determination of Stability, Control and Performance Characteristics: FAR and Military Requirements 1988
- Roskam, J. Airplane Design Airplane Cost Estimation: Design, Development, Manufacturing and Operating 1990
- Malaek, S.M.B. Development of a System of Interactive Computer Programs for Airplane Conceptual Design and Advanced Airplane Analysis The University of Kansas 1989
- Malaek, S.M.B. Gerren, D. Roskam, J. User's Manual for the Advanced Aircraft Analysis Program 1990 Design, Analysis and Research Corporation P.O. Box 924 Lawrence, Kansas, 66044-0924
- Roskam, J Malaek, S.M.B. Anemaat, W AAA (Advanced Aircraft Analysis): A User-Friendly Approach to Preliminary Aircraft Design ICAS Paper 2.10.2 17th ICAS Congress September 10-14 1990 Stockholm, Sweden