This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Development of Environmentally Acceptable Hydraulic Oil Formulations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the automobile and earthmoving market place, consumer pressure is creating a demand for more environmentally considerate products. One aspect of this definition is biodegradability.
In the forestry and farming industries where lubricant losses and spillages are recognised as a significant potential hazard, the use of these products is now widespread and in terms of environmental protection, the benefits are multiple.
This paper discusses technical developments based on vegetable oils, including an assessment of additive requirements to meet performance needs. It also reviews necessary work to define other aspects of performance.
|Technical Paper||CNG Filter Canister Failure and System Reliability Analysis|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Rated (Advertised) Fuel Capacity - Passenger Car, Multi-Purpose Passenger Vehicles, and Light Duty Trucks|
CitationWain, J., "The Development of Environmentally Acceptable Hydraulic Oil Formulations," SAE Technical Paper 910965, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/910965.
- Figure 1 Chemistry Britain January 1990
- German “Blue Angel” is an Environmental Protection Seal
- Industrial Lubrication and Tribology September October 1990
- Rape Seed Oil - An Alternative Base Oil for Lubrication Hubman Alfred Dr.
- ISO 6743/4 Lubricants, Industrial Oils and Related Products (Class L) - Classification Part 4: Family H (Hydraulic Systems)
- German Institute for Standardization “Environmentally Compatible Hydraulic Fluids” Weil, Rhein 27 April 1990
- “The Evolution of Petroleum Based Hydraulic Fluids” Grover Kent B. Perez Ralph J. Lubrizol Business Development Corporation Lubrication Engineering January 1990
- “The Development and Evaluation of Anti-Wear Additive Systems for Hydraulic Oils in Relation to Equipment Design” Soul D.M. Lubrizol GB Limited