This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
One Component Polyurethane Coatings and Sealants: Innovative Automotive Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1991 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The uses of blocked polyisocyanates in automotive coatings and sealants has progressed rapidly in the recent past in both the European and American markets. The use of blocked polyisocyanates with polyols provide the performance advantages of a two component system with the simplicity of a one component system. In addition, one component systems based on blocked polyisocyanates have an extended pot life. This paper summarizes the chemistry and applications of blocked polyisocyanate technology. A review of polyisocyanate types and blocking agents and description of the automotive applications for sealants, primers and top coats is made.
|Technical Paper||Why Adhesives Work: Practical Applications of Theory|
|Aerospace Standard||SLEEVE END, THREADLESS COUPLING, FLEXIBLE, FIXED CAVITY, SELF-BONDING, DESIGN STANDARD, METRIC|
|Technical Paper||One-Part, Primerless Windshield Adhesive|
CitationRoesler, R. and Dearth, R., "One Component Polyurethane Coatings and Sealants: Innovative Automotive Applications," SAE Technical Paper 910090, 1991, https://doi.org/10.4271/910090.
- McBane B. N. “Automotive Coatings,” Federation of Societies for Coatings Technology 1987
- Rosthauser J. W. Williams J. L. “Blocked Isocyanates in Coatings,” 1982
- Mirgel V. Nachtkamp K. “Chemical Aspects of Crosslinking Baking Urethanes,” Farbe & Lack 89 Dec. 1983 928
- Potter T. A. Rosthauser J. W. Schmelzer H. G. “Blocked Isocyanates in Coatings,” Eleventh International Conference in Organic Coatings Science & Technology July 1985 Athens, Greece
- Wicks, Z. W. Jr. Kostyk B. W. Journal of Coating Technology 49 634 1977 77
- Kordomenos P. I. Nordstrom J. D. “Polymer Compositions for Cationic Electrodepositable Coatings,” Journal of Coatings Technology 54 686 1982 33
- “Electrocoat Rinsing,” Products Finishing April 1990 50
- Roesler R. R. Mirgel V. “Chip Resistant Coatings for the Automotive Industry,” International Congress and Exposition Detroit., MI Feb. 1989
- Bonikowsky L. “Ford is first out of blocks with clear urethane top coat,” Coatings