This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Application of Simulation for Low-Frequency Boom Noise and Ride Comfort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper investigates a new approach to the quantification technique for road induced vehicle interior noise and vibration within the frequency range up to 40 Hz. By employing the least squares method, both vertical and fore-aft load to each wheel were quantified using transfer function and actual vibration response of the vehicle driven on a road. The coupled structural-acoustic vehicle model using the finite element method, which is also detailed in this paper, is combined with the quantified input load to simulate road induced interior noise and vibration response. Experimental verification, which indicates reasonable accuracy of the simulation, and an application for the prototype development are also presented.
CitationHoshi, K. and Gotou, K., "Development and Application of Simulation for Low-Frequency Boom Noise and Ride Comfort," SAE Technical Paper 901753, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/901753.
- Duncan A.E. “Application of Modal Modeling and Mount System Optimization to Light Duty Truck Ride Analysis” SAE 811313 1981
- Baum J.H. Bennett J.A. Carne T.G. “Truck Ride Improvement Using Analytical and Optimization Method” SAE 770609 1977
- Takebayashi F. “A Study of Harshness of Passenger Car” JSME NO. 18 1979
- Kondoh Y. Ono H. Hamano k. “Study of Load Applied to Vehicle Body During Rough Road Driving” MITSUBISHI MOTOR CORP. TECHNICAL REVIEW 1988 N0.1
- Beres W. “Linear Models of Tyre Enveloping Properties” INT.J. OF VEHICLE DESIGN VOL.8 1987
- Ushijima T. Takayama M. “Modal Analysis of Tire and System Simulation” SAE 880585 1988
- Richards T.R. Charek L.T. Scavuzzo R.W. “The Effects of Spindle and Patch Boundary Conditions on Tire Vibration Modes” SAE 860243 1986
- Van Deusen B.D. “Analytical Techniques for Designing Riding Quality into Automotive Vehicles” SAE 670021 1967
- Eishima H. et.al. “Method of Front Wheel Drive Car Body Shake Reduction at Engine Idling” SAE 870630 1987
- Yamazaki I. Inoue T. “An Application of Structural-Acoustic Coupling Analysis to Boom Noise” SAE 891996 1989
- Flanigan D.L. Borders S.G. “Application of Acoustic Modeling Methods for Vehicle Boom Analysis” SAE 840744 1984