This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Investigation of Film-Space Atomization Combustion in D.I. Diesel Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The film-space atomization combustion has been implemented in a direct injection, no inlet swirl and shallow ω type combustion chamber and a new combustion system, namely, the ω7 film-space atomization combustion system, has been developed which has been substituted for the traditional space atomization combustion system in a 6E150C diesel engine. As a result, the performance of this engine has been improved substantially.
The thickness and its variation process of the fuel film spread on the combustion chamber wall of the piston crown have been measured in a normal operating engine equipped with the ω7 system at different conditions by means of a set of apparatus. The experimental results show that the fuel film area and volume can be automatically adjusted as the engine load changes, which, it is believed, makes the ω7 system attain both the lower specific fuel consumption and the lower peak pressure at all load and speed ranges.
- Liu Zhengbai - Research Institute of Internal Combustion Engine, Dalian University of Technology Dalian, China
- Zhou Jingwei - Research Institute of Internal Combustion Engine, Dalian University of Technology Dalian, China
- Li Yueshang - Research Institute of Internal Combustion Engine, Dalian University of Technology Dalian, China
CitationZhengbai, L., Jingwei, Z., and Yueshang, L., "Experimental Investigation of Film-Space Atomization Combustion in D.I. Diesel Engines," SAE Technical Paper 901578, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/901578.
- Taylor, C.T. “The Internal-Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice,” THE M.I.T. PRESS 1968
- Meurer, J.S. “The M-Combustion System of Man,” SAE trans. 64 1956
- Guodong Hu “Probe on Diesel Combustion Mechanism,” Journal of Dalian University of Technology 1962 3
- Zhengbai Liu “Study on Film-Space Atomization Combustion in Experiment and Theory” Dalian University of Technology 1988
- Zhengbai Liu “The Study and Application of Measuring Technique of the Fuel Film Thickness Spraying on the Diesel Combustion Chamber Wall under Combustion,” Dalian University of Technology 1984
- Zhengbai Liu Xingcun Huang Jingwei Zhou Yueshang Li “Computational Investigation of Film-Space Atomization Combustion in D.I. Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 891916 1989