This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computer Controlled Hydrostatic Transmission with Traction Control for Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An unconventional hydrostatic transmission (HST) has been developed which presents an excellent alternative transmission for multi-purpose heavy vehicles (larger than 5 tons) demanding good mobility and large speed/torque ranges. This HST is of the pressure coupled type and employs digital computer as well as analogue control, so as to provide a dynamic hydromachine control strategy. This strategy ensures effective traction and steering control, due to the fact that differential, differential lock and forced steering actions are all obtained by dynamic hydrostatic machine (hydromachine) control.
CitationLiebenberg, L. and Krüger, J., "Computer Controlled Hydrostatic Transmission with Traction Control for Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 901559, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/901559.
- Faatz, H.H. Planning and Design of hydraulic power systems The Hydraulic Trainer 3 Mannesmann Rexroth GmbH Hinckel Druck GmbH 1988
- Fahl, H.-J. Metzner, F. 1984
- Fahl, H.-J. Wassenberg, E. 1982
- Holz, W. Lukazeurics, H. “Power Matching Control (Secondary Regulation)” Mannesmann Rexroth 1987
- Hydromatik: Mannesmann Rexroth GmbH 1978
- Kordak, R. 1981
- Kordak, R. 1985
- Kurz, H. Mannesmann Rexroth GmbH 1982
- Lang, RA. Hydrostatic Drives with control of the Secondary unit The Hydraulic Trainer 6 Mannesmann Rexroth GmbH Schleinungsdruck GmbH 1989
- Metzner, F. Hamburg 1985
- Metzner, F. “Secondary speed controlled hydrostatic units on quasi-constant pressure systems I. Mech. E, C 193186 1986
- Mock, H.-W. “Stability of working mobile machinery driven by hydrostatic machinery” I. Mech. E, C 152181 1981
- Mueller, H. “Hydrostatic Transmissions and Controls for wheeled vehicles” SAE Technical Paper, series no. 841099 Society of Automotive Engineers Inc. Pensylvania 1984
- Nikolaus, H.W. 1982
- Nikolaus, H.W. April 1985 1985
- Nikolaus, H.W. Mannesmann Rexroth 1985
- Rosenbecker, K Scott, G. “A Hydrostatic Transmission f a Medium Power applications” SAE Technical Paper, series no. 861289 Society of Automative Engineers, Inc. Pensylvania 1986