This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Electronically-Controlled Transmission Systems - Current Position and Future Developments
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Current demands for shift comfort and driveability, and the need for interaction between the transmission and other vehicle electronic systems provide the impetus for introducing electronic control systems for transmissions. The standard functions of such systems have proven their worth and contributed towards satisfying these demands. For this reason, despite the additional cost involved, most automatic transmissions will be electronically controlled within five years. The need to optimize fuel consumption leads to wider gear ratio spreads. New systems which satisfy this demand will be 5-speed automatic transmissions and CVT in particular, and perhaps twin-clutch transmissions for special applications. All these new systems will need electronic control to reach competitive performance levels.
|Technical Paper||A Rubber Belt CVT for Front-Wheel-Drive Cars|
|Technical Paper||Electro-Mechanical Control Devices for Continuously Variable Transmissions|
CitationSchwab, M., "Electronically-Controlled Transmission Systems - Current Position and Future Developments," SAE Technical Paper 901156, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/901156.
- Taga Y. Nakamura K. Ito H. Toyota Computer Controlled Four-Speed Automatic Transmission SAE 820740
- Schwab M. Electronic Control of a 4-speed Automatic Transmission with Lock-up Clutch SAE 840448
- Maier U. Petersmann J. Seidel W. Stohwasser A. Wehr T. Porsche Tiptronic 92 1990 6
- Schöpf H.-J. Jürgens G. Pickard J. The new Mercedes-Benz five-speed Automatic Transmission 91 1989 9
- Oberhauser M. ZF-internal report 1990
- Bart J. Runge W. Continuously variable transmission KWG fl5 FISITA 905087
- Flegl H. Wüst R. Stelter N. Szodfridt I. The Porsche Dual Clutch Transmission 89 1987 9
- Kuroyanagi J. 1987