This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hot Wire Air Flow Meter for Engine Control Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new type hot wire probe has been developed for measurement of intake mass air flow rate in electronic fuel injection systems. The probe was composed of a coiled platinum wire covered with a glass-ceramic composite material. Improvement in response time has been achieved through the reduction of heat transfer from the hot wire probe to the leading wires, resulting from low thermal conductivity of the covering material. The decrease of the longitudinal heat flow rate has been revealed by the measurement of temperature distribution in the probe.
|Technical Paper||Advanced Design for Bypass Type of Hot-Wire Air Flow Meter|
|Technical Paper||Thermal Conductivity of Lofty Nonwovens in Space and Planetary Vacuum Environment|
|Technical Paper||Design of a Variable-Conductance Vacuum Insulation|
CitationTakahashi, K., Tsuruoka, S., Nishimura, Y., Arai, N. et al., "Hot Wire Air Flow Meter for Engine Control Systems," SAE Technical Paper 900258, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/900258.
- Sasayama T. et al. A New Electronic Engine Control System Using a Hot-Wire Air Flow Sensor SAE 820323
- Sauer R. Hot-Film Air Mass Meter--A Low-Cost Approach to Intake Air Measurement SAE 880560
- Nishimura Y. et al. A Hot Wire Air Flow Meter for Intake Air Flow Measurement SAE 890301
- Ohsuga M. Ohyama Y. Dust-proof Characteristics of a Bypass Flow Type Flowmeter Using a Hot Wire Bulletin of JSME 27 1984 2530 37
- Arai N. et al. Advanced Design for Bypass Type of Hot-Wire Air Flow Meter SAE 90