This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Voice Recognizer for Car Telephone System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A voice recognizer for automotive application which controls hands-free car telephone using voice has been developed. To ensure high recognition performance in noisy environments, a pitch synchronous analysis method and utterance detection method adaptable to noisy environments have been adapted to the voice recognizer.
A digital signal processor (DSP) for pitch synchronous spectrum analysis and a micro processor for pattern matching and controlling the system have been used as the main components, and the recognizer has been compactly designed for automobile use.
CitationShimotani, M., Hibino, M., Yamamoto, T., and Nonami, T., "A Voice Recognizer for Car Telephone System," SAE Technical Paper 900249, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/900249.
- Suzuki Yukio Sato Shinichi “Hand-freeDialingSystem with Speaker-dependentSpeech Recognition” Oki Technical review 56 1 41 46 Jan. 1989
- Anderas Peter Jonge Michael “A New Speech Input System for Use in Cars” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics IE-32 4 344 347 Nov. 1985
- Helems Eugene “Voice Control in Motor Vehicles” SAE Technical Paper Series 860344 International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan 93 Feb. 24-28 1986
- Scott Brian L. Kee Charles R. Jr “Speech Recognition in the Automobile: Copying with Noise in the Automotive Environment” SAE Technical Paper Series 870389 International Congress and Exposition Detroit, Michigan 83 Feb. 23-27 1987
- Tobita Mizuhiro Kudamura Noboru Nakatu Ryouhei “Effects of Various Directional Microphones upon Word Recognition Performance” Acoustical Society of Japan 109 110 March 1989
- Viswanathan Vishu Henry Claudia Schwartz Richard Roucos Salim “Evaluation of Multisensor Speech Input for Speech Recognition in High Ambient Noise” 1986 Tokyo
- Nagabuchi Hiromi “Performance Improvement of Spoken Word Recognition System in Noisy Environment” The Transactions of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers J71-A 5 1100 1108 May 1988
- Rubinstein Jay T. Silverman Harvey F. “Some Comments on The Design and Implementationof FIR Filterbanks for Speech Recognition” 812 814 1983 Boston
- Bui Ngoc C. Monbaron Jean J. Michel Jean G. “An Integrated Voice Recognition System” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing ASSP-31 1 323 Feb. 1983
- Ohnishi Hiroki Iida Masayuki Miyatake Masanori Tajima Kiyoshi “Speech Recognition Boards < SRB-16 > and < SRB-32 >” Sanyo Technical Review 14 2 20 26 Aug. 1982
- Jovicic S.T. Randjelovic P. Z. “Cross-correlation Pitch Extraction Method” Electronics Letters 19th 23 24 1317 1318 Nov. 1987
- Lahat Meir Niederjohn Russell J. Krubsack David A. “A Spectral Autocorrelation Method for Measurement of the Fundermental Frequency of Noise Corrupted Speech” IEEE Transactions on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing ASSP-35 6 741 750 Jun. 1987