This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer Around Louver Assemblies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1990 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The main function of automobile heat exchangers is to transfer residual heat from the engine to the open air so as to keep running the engine at its best condition. In order to efficiently transport heat from the heat exchanger to the air, extended surfaces (e.q., fins) are usually provided over the outer surface of the water tube in the heat exchanger.
Moreover, many bent out plate louvers are manufactured on the fin safaces. In order to obtain higher rate of heat transmission in a more compact heat exchanger, many experimental and analytical studies have been carried out up to the present.
However, there are many difficult problems to be resolved so far in finding the obtimum louver profile because of the complexity of air flow around small-scale louver assemblies.
In the present paper, the characteristics of air flow as well as heat flow around louver assemblies are analysed by the numerical analysis code developed at the Central Engineering Laboratory of the Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
CitationIkuta, S., Sasaki, Y., Tanaka, K., Takagi, M. et al., "Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer Around Louver Assemblies," SAE Technical Paper 900081, 1990, https://doi.org/10.4271/900081.
- Kawamura, T. Takami H. Kuwahara, T. Computation of High Reynolds Number Flow around a Circular Cylinder with surface Roughness Fluid Dynamic Research 1 145 162 1986
- Kawamura, T. Kuwahara, K. Direct Simulation of a Turbulent Inner Flow by Finite-Difference Method AIAA paper, AIAA-85-0376 1985
- Himeno, R. Shirayama. S. KAMO, K. Kuwahara, K. Computational Study of Three-Dimensional Wake Structure AIAA paper, AIAA-85-1617 1985
- Fujitani, K. Himeno, R. Takagi, M. Computational Study on Flow through a Torque Converter SAE paper 881746 1988
- Nishikawa, S. Watanabe, Y. Fujitani, K. Himeno, R. Takagi, K. Numerical Simulation of Flow Around a Heavy-Duty Truck Body SAE paper 890599 1989