This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
FACT - The Freightliner/Heil Advanced Concept Truck
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a program to develop, build, exhibit, and test a Freightliner/Heil Advanced Concept Truck that will demonstrate experimental features for improved safety, productivity, and operational compatibility with the highway environment.
The paper contains background information on the motivation for the Concept Truck. Project objectives are explained. Vehicle performance characteristics are described, along with the design features employed to achieve the desired performance. Technical specifications are listed. Finally, the proposed validation and field testing program is described.
CitationKlingenberg, B., Rossow, G., and Jacobsen, R., "FACT - The Freightliner/Heil Advanced Concept Truck," SAE Technical Paper 892462, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/892462.
- “TOPAS”-Phase II: Bau and Erprobung eines Prototyp-Sicherheits-Tanksattelzuges, (Forderkennzeichen: RGB 8515.5) Fahizeug-bau Haller GmbH, Stuttgart, Raab Karcher AG, Essen, Daimler-Benz AG, Stuttgart
- Vehicle Accident Statistics Producing Rollover and Spills involving Tank Semi-Trailers, by Murnane Timothy J. April 1989 Rohm and Haas Company
- Assessment of the Load Potential for the Passage of Heavy Truck Configuration on the National Bridge Inventory for the ATA Foundation Inc., by the Bridge Engineering Software Center Department of Civil Engineering University of Maryland College Park Maryland October 1988
- SAE Paper #892490 Development of a New Freightliner Tractor Air Suspension, by Fuchs D. Alan D. Pearson, Charlotte Tech. Center, Freightliner Corp.
- SAE Paper #881834 Considerations for Designing Daytime Running Lights in Heavy-Duty Trucks, by Carver Mona A. Josey R. Franklin Jr. Freightliner Corp.
- Freightliner Corporation News release October 14 1989 on Splash and Spray Testing 1988
- Department of Transportation, HM183 Hazardous Materials Regulations
- SAE J1587 JAN88, † Electronic Data Interchange Between Microcomputer Systems in Heavy-Duty Vehicle Applications SAE J1708 JUN87, Serial Data Communications Between Microcomputer Systems in Heavy-Duty Vehicle Applications (A)
- SAE Paper #872234 , Front Axle Placement in Heavy-Duty Truck Development-The Effect on Vehicle Performance Characteristics, by Bjorn Klingenberg, Freightliner Corp.