This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Non-Linear Cord-Rubber Composites
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method is presented for calculating the stress-strain relations in a muiti-layer composite made up of materials whose individual stress-strain characteristics are non-linear and possibly different. The method is applied to the case of asymmetric tubes in tension, and comparisons with experimentally measured data are given.
CitationClark, S. and Dodge, R., "Non-Linear Cord-Rubber Composites," SAE Technical Paper 892339, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/892339.
- Tabaddor, F. “A Survey of Constitutive Equations of Bimodulus Elastic Materials” Mechanics of Bimodulus Materials. ASME AMD 33 Dec. 1979
- Bert, C. W. “Micromechanics of the Different Elastic Behavior of Filamentary Composites in Tension and Compression”
- Kumar, M. Bert C. W. “Experimental Characterization of Mechanical Behavior of Cord-Rubber Composites,” Tire Sci. Tech. 10 Jan. 1982
- Kincannon, S. K. Bert C. W. Reddy V. S. “Cross-Ply Elliptic Plates of Bimodulus Material,” J. Struct. Div. ASCE 106 1437 1980
- Tabaddor, F. Chen C. H. “Reinforced Composite Materials with Curved Fibers,” J. Spacecraft and Rockets 8 2 1971
- Kuo, C.-M. Takahashi, K. Chuo, T.-W. “Effect of Fiber Waviness on the Nonlinear Elastic Behavior of Flexible Composites,” Jour. Composite Mat. 22 1988