This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Electro-Hydraulic Control for Automatic Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper refers to the results of a study on the usefulness of simulation techniques based on both modeling and experiments of electro-hydraulic systems using an on-off solenoid valve controlled by pulse width modulation for an automatic transmission.
By this simulation, the pressure dynamics in a hydraulic circuit and the movement of a clutch piston were analyzed assuming the flow of the hydraulic circuit to be a one-dimensional compressible flow, and considering the non-linear spring characteristics of a clutch.
As a result, in comparison with the experiments, the validity of this calculation has been confirmed.
- Koji Hasunaka - Industrial Electronics & Systems Development Lab. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Kiyoshi Takagi - Industrial Electronics & Systems Development Lab. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Sinji Watanabe - Industrial Electronics & Systems Development Lab. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Takeo Hiramatsu - Passenger Car Engineering Center Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Kenjiro Fujita - Passenger Car Engineering Center Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
CitationHasunaka, K., Takagi, K., Watanabe, S., Hiramatsu, T. et al., "A Study on Electro-Hydraulic Control for Automatic Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 892000, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/892000.
- HiramatsuT., YonedaH.: Control Technology of Minimal Slip-Type Torque Converter Clutch, SAE Paper, 850460.
- MatsumotoToshiki, FujitaKenjiro, HasunakaKohji: “Theoretical and Experimental Analyses of Electro-hydraulic Solenoid-valve Controlled by Duty Cycle”, Journal of JSAE, Vol. 42, No. 4, 1988, p.517 (in Japanese).
- HenryJames P., DennisDavid S.: Predicting Solenoid Transient Performance, SAE Paper, 870473.
- MakigawaYasuyuki, HasunakaKohji, TakagiKiyoshi: “A study of the high speed oil pressure control valve”, Proceeding of JSAE, 872113 (in Japanese).