This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On Analytical Approaches in Crash Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An overview of engineering methods used in automotive crash simulation is presented. The use of the lumped-mass-spring method (LMSM) and of the finite element method (FEM) as applied to state-of-the-art structural crashworthiness simulations is outlined. The relative merits of these methods in crashworthiness analysis are discussed.
CitationShkoinikov, M., Bhaisod, D., and Tzeng, B., "On Analytical Approaches in Crash Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 891975, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/891975.
- Hamon M.J. Inginieurs de I'automobile 11 1966
- Shkolnikov, M. Tagunov, U. Analytical Assessments of a Car Body Behavior in a Collisison . Russian ref: Avtomobilnaja Promyshiennost 3 1972
- Kamal, M. Wolf, J. Jr. Modern Automotive Structural Analysis Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. 1982
- Ishli Kiyoshy Yamanaka Isao Influence of Vehicle Deceleration Curve on Dummy Injuri Criteria SAE: 880612 1988
- Stanger, J Ng, P. Hatch, T. Du Bois, P. A Numerical Simulation of the Proposed European Side-Impact Test Procedure CRAY Channels Winter 1989
- Shkolnikov, M. Bhalsod, D. Tzeng, B. Barrier impact Test Simulation Using DYNA3D Proceedings of “Simposlum on Crashwortliiness and Occupant Protection in Transportation System - 1989 Winter Annual Meeting”)
- Hallquist, J. DYNA3D User's Manual Lawrence Livermore Natioanal Laboratory 1988
- Belytchko, T. Hughes, T. et al Computational Methods for Transient Analysis North Holland 1985
- LSD Engineer's Document The Boeing Company 1965
- Fleek, J. T. Butler, F. E. CAL3D Calspan Corportation Final Report to NHTSA Dot-hs-806282 1982
- Schelkle, E. Elsenhans, H. Crash-Simulation Mit Der Moderne. Trend in Der Fahrzeugentwicklung SAE Publication 885074 FISITA 88