A New PM Valve Guide for Higher Performance
Published November 1, 1989 by Society of Automotive Engineers of China in China
Annotation of this paper is available
Fe-Cu-Sn-Cr-P-C PM valve guide has, been developed for higher performance engine application. 1% Cr was proved to be enough to provide superior wear resistance to cast iron. Loss in machinability with the addition of Cr can be compensated by controlling micro-structure and adding MnS.
CitationYu, K., Park, Y., and Hyun, T., "A New PM Valve Guide for Higher Performance," SAE Technical Paper 891289, 1989.
- Tanimoto I., Kano M., Abe M.: “Trend of Wear-resistant Materials for Valve Train”, Journal of the SAE of Japan, 42 (6) 1988 p711
- Kuroishi N.: “Sintered Technology of Sintered Metals for Automotive Use”, SAE Technical Paper 811416, 1981
- Endoh H., Takeya Y., Hayasaka T., Ikenoue Y. Hirano Y.: “Sintered Valve Guide for I. C. Engine”, SAE Technical Paper 800307, 1980
- Takagi Y., Katsui Y., Endo H., Ikenoue Y.: EP 0202035 AI, “Wear-resistant, Sintered Iron Alloy and Process for Producing The Same”
- Igharo M., Wood J.V.: “Sintering of Mixed High Speed Steel and Iron Phosphorus Powders”, Powder Metallurgy, 31 (3) 1988 p184