Development of Computer Aided Engineering for Crankshaft Damper Palley Design
Published November 01, 1989 by Society of Automotive Engineers of China in China
Annotation ability available
Computer Aided Engineering System for crankshaft damper pulley design was developed. This system enables a designer to develop a high performance crankshaft damper pulley in a short time. This system consists of computer simulation for torsional vibration of crankshaft with a damper pulley and parametric damper pulley design program.
High accuracy and easy operation are required for the simulation. New procedure of FE analysis which can accurately and easily predict stiffness of crankshaft in less than 4 hours was developed. And the database for damper rubber property which was measured under the condition of wide range enough to cover actual engine operation was created. It was shown that the calculated results agree well with the experimental results.
Parametric damper pulley design program were developed. This program is composed of the design standards and stores of know-how in Toyota. Through this system designers who is not familiar with damper pulley development can design in the same ways as an expert. This system reduces design time from 5 days to 4 hours.
CitationTasaka, K., Shimizu, S., Hatano, K., Nakakubo, T. et al., "Development of Computer Aided Engineering for Crankshaft Damper Palley Design," SAE Technical Paper 891233, 1989.
- Nakakubo T., et al., “Torsional Vibration of Crankshaft”, Toyota Engineering, Vol.28, No.2
- Kamiya T., et al., “Toyota's New Type of Crankshaft Pulley to improve the Compartment Tone Quality”. SAE Paper 880078
- Kreuter P., et al., “Status of Rules and Methods for Assessment of Stresses in Crankshafts of I. C. Engines”. SAE Paper 851197
- Honda Y., Sito T., “Study on Basic Dynamic Characteristic of Torsional Rubber Dampers with Various Rubber Forms”, JSAE Review, Vol.9, No.1 (1988)
- Dennis, L.S. et al., “Measurement of Dynamic Elastomer Properties in a Torsional Vibration damper”. SAE Paper 840481
- Niikura T., et al., “The Torsional Vibration Analysis of A Crankshaft With A Rubber Damper”, Technical Report of Hino Motors, LTD., No.28 DEC 1980
- Taniguchi H., et al., “The development of a CAD/CAM system for engine parts”, IMechE 1987 CO3/87