This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Unified Tire Model for Braking Driving and Steering Simulation
Published November 01, 1989 by Society of Automotive Engineers of China in China
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a unified tire model for simulating the generation of forces and moments during combination of cornering and braking or driving. A unified relationship between the nondimension resultant force and moment, and the normalized resultant slip vector, with an arbitary vertical Load distribution over the contact patch, is derived. So that the processing of multi-dimension test data is greatly simplified. Especially, parameters of the combined nondimensional characteristics can be identified from the pure sideslip tests. Some test data obtained from tire force and moment tests, and vehicle braking in a turn tests are presented to assess the quantitative validity of the model.
CitationGuo, K., "A Unified Tire Model for Braking Driving and Steering Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 891198, 1989.
- Pacejka H. B. Analysis of Tire Properties “Mechanics of Pneumatic Tires” Clark S.K. U. S. DOT, NHTSA 1901
- Sakai H. H. Tire Mechanics 1987
- Dugoff H. Fancher P.S. Segel L. An Analysis of Tire Traction Properties and Their Influence on vehicle Dynamic Performance SAE Trans 79 1970 700377
- Yim B. Olsson G.R. Fielding P. G. Highway Vehicle Stability in Braking Maneuvers SAE Trans. 79 1970 700515
- Bernard J.E. Segel L. Wild R. E. Tire Shear Force Generation, During Combined Steering and Braking Maneuvers SAE paper 770852 1977
- Guo K. H. Liu Y.B. Improvements of Semi-Empirical Tire Model Relating to Lateral Motion (in Chinese) CARI Trans. 1-2 1987
- Guo K. H. Liu Y.B. Simulation of Cornering Properties of a Vehicle Over the Whole Range of Working Conditions proceedings of the Fourth International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering 1987
- Savkoor A. R. The Relation of Adhesional Friction of Rubber to the Friction Between Tire and Ground 11th FISITA Congress June 1966