This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
20 Questions About Acoustics in Industry
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The potential contributions of acoustical technology to manufacturing companies pervade nearly all of its functions from marketing and product planning to design engineering and quality control. Despite this, however, companies generally feel uneasy when they embark on programs to use acoustics in their operations because the technology seems complicated and somehow harder to “get a handle on” than it is in other cases. But the issues of product sound, and the benefits of acoustics on a diagnostic tool are too important to ignore, so in this paper we discuss these issues in a “20 questions” format to help planners, engineers and managers as they proceed to implement acoustical technology in their organizations.
CitationLyon, R., "20 Questions About Acoustics in Industry," SAE Technical Paper 890969, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890969.
- Lyon R. H. Fleischman R. N. Cann R. G. “The Product Function of Acoustical Engineering” Mechanical Engineering September 1981 42 47
- Lyon R. H. “Noise Reduction by Design - An Alternative to Machinery Noise Control” Proceedings of Inter-Noise '78 INCE Poughkeepsie, New York 1978 33
- Lyon R. H. Rydz J. S. “Technology Assessment in a Product Manufacturing Company,” ASME Paper #81-WA/Mgt.-1. ASME Winder Annual Meeting November 1981
- Lyon R. H. “Conflict Resolution - Noise Reduction Style” Proc. First International Noise and Vibration Control Conference London June 1987
- Lyon R. H. Machinery Noise and Diagnostics Butterworths Boston, London 1987