This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
In-Vehicle Networking Requires New Development Tools
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Future cars' architecture will be based on networked electronics. Designer of such networked systems envisage a new class of highly sophisticated complexity. Therefore a new class of appropriate system design support tools is required. This paper describes a full set of such tools, consisting of a Network Simulator, a Network Emulator and a Network Analyzer. The Simulator is used for system layout purposes without the need for actual system's hardware. The Emulator replaces in real time real system's component. The Analyzer is used for verification of the system's layout in the actual real system. As network is the backbone of future cars' systems network development tools are fundamental for efficient cars' system design.
CitationLawrenz, W., "In-Vehicle Networking Requires New Development Tools," SAE Technical Paper 890533, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890533.
- Ehlers K. “Sensoren und Stellglieder im Automobil” Elektronik 7 31 3 1988 51 55
- Panik F. “General Introduction” Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium, General Remarks, 2nd Prometheus Symposium Brussels November 30th December 1st 1987
- Lawrenz W. “Automotive Electronics - State of the Art and Future Perspectives” Microprocessors and Microsystems Butterworth Scientific Ltd. Surrey, England 1989
- Esmer G. et al. “Recommended Practice for a Class B Automotive Network” SAE Technical Paper Series no. 871554
- Kiencke U. et al. “Automotive Serial Controller Area Network” SAE Technical Paper Series no. 860391
- “VAN B/C - French Protocol Proposal” ISO/TC 22/SC 3/WG 1 Fakra Normenausschuss Kraftfahrzeuge Postfach 170563 D-6000 Frankfurt, Germany FRG
- “ABUS Automobile Serielle Universal-Schnittstelle” Volkswagen AG, Forschung und Entwicklung Abt. E/AT-EL und E/EK-VE Postfach D-3180 Wolfsburg, Germany (FRG)
- Johnson Wayne J. et al. “A Proposal for a Vehicle Network Protocol Standard” SAE Technical Paper Series no. 860392
- Fassnacht R. E. “Chrysler Collision Detection (C2DTM) Bus Interface, Integrated Circuit User Manual” SAE Technical Paper Series no. 880586
- “Network Development Tools” Broschure available through: I+ME GmbH, Ferdinandstrasse 15A D-3340 Wolfenbuttel, Germany (FRG)
- Lawrenz W. “Automotive Networks and their Development Techniques” 18th ISATA Conference Mai 30 1988 June 03 1988 Florence Italy Allied Automation Limited 42 Lloyd Park Avenue Crydon CRO 5SB, England ISBN 0 947719 18 0, paper 88128