This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design of Diesel Smoke Feedback Control Using a Combination of PI Control Algorithm and Performance Optimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A novel smoke sensor was used to realize smoke feedback control on a diesel engine. The controller design based on a combination of PI control algorithm and the engine performance optimization is described. Experimental results demonstrate how this control system behave to meet both of the speed and smoke requirements during engine transients.
|Technical Paper||Engine Modelling for Diesel Smoke Feedback Control System Design|
|Technical Paper||Application of Self-Tuning Control|
CitationHong, G. and Collings, N., "Design of Diesel Smoke Feedback Control Using a Combination of PI Control Algorithm and Performance Optimization," SAE Technical Paper 890387, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890387.
- Sell J.A. Chang M.F. “Closed-loop control of an engine's Carbon Monoxide emissions using an Infrared Diode Laser” SAE 820388
- Cassidy J.F. “A computerized on-line approach to calculating optimum engine calibration” SAE 770078
- Dohner A.R. “Transient system optimisation of an experimental engine control system over the federal emissions driving schedule” SAE 780286
- Zanker P.M. Wellstead P.E. “On self-tuning diesel engine governors” Control System Center Report No. 422 UMIST 1978
- Mihele W.P. Citon S.J. “An adaptive idle mode control system” SAE 840443
- Collings N. Baker N.J. Wolber W.G. “Realtime smoke sensor for diesel engine” SAE 860157
- Collings N. Hong G. Baker N.J. “Diesel smoke transient control using a real-time smoke sensor” SAE 871629
- Hong G. Collings N. “Engine modelling for diesel smoke control” SAE 890389