This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engineering Study on the Rotary-Vee Engine Concept
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper provides a review of the applicable thermodynamic cycle and performance considerations when the rotary-vee mechanism is used as an internal combustion (I. C.) heat engine. Included is a simplified kinematic analysis and studies of the effects of design parameters on the critical pressures, torques and parasitic losses. A discussion of the principal findings is presented.
CitationWillis, E., Bartrand, T., and Beard, J., "Engineering Study on the Rotary-Vee Engine Concept," SAE Technical Paper 890332, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890332.
- Lindsley E.F. “Rotary V” Popular Science August 1974
- Tripolsky B. “Bricklin Comes Back With a Rotary Engine” Mechanix Illustrated January 1977
- Calvin D. “Rotary Vee Engine” Sport Aviation February 1986
- “Oklahoma Inventor Thinks Rotary-V Worth a Look” Ward's Engine Update January 1989
- “Bricklin/Turner test results” Doug Roe Engineering Tempe, Arizona 1977
- “to Stroke… Or Not Two Stroke” Automotive Industries May 1988
- “Ward's Wrapup” Ward's Auto World August 1988
- Doughty S. “Mechanics of Machines” Wiley 1988
- Taylor C.F. “The Internal Combustion Engine in Theory and Practice” 1 2 The MIT Press 1985
- Gatowski J.A. et al. “Heat Release Analysis of Engine Pressure Data” SAE 841359 1984
- Norman T.J. “A Performance Model of a Spark Ignition Wankel Engine; Including the Effects of Crevice Volumes, Leakage and Heat Transfer” Master's Thesis Massachusetts Institute of Technology June 1983
- Roberts J.M. “Heat Release Estimation and Prediction of Wankel Stratified-Charge Combustion Engine” Master's Thesis Massachusetts Institute of Technology September 1985
- Wiebe J.J. “Das Wiebe - Brenngesitz ein Fortschnitt in der Kreigspozesse von Verbren-nungsmotoren” Joute A. Prof. Dressen T.H. Kraftadrzeugtechnik 9 1960
- Woschni G. “A Universally Applicable Equation for the Instantaneous Heat Transfer Coefficient in the Internal Combustion Engine” SAE 670931 1967