This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Hot Wire Air Flow Meter for Intake Air Flow Measurement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1989 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This report outlines the developmental status of the Hitachi hot wire air flow meter. It describes the newly developed hot wire probe and the air flow meter body to realize an improved cost performance ratio.
In addition, it covers approaches to improve response time when the air flow rate is changed and to avoid deterioration in measurement accuracy caused by dirt deposits on the hot wire probe.
|Technical Paper||Strategy for EOBD Compliant Plausibility Check of Air Mass Flow Sensor in Absence of Boost Pressure Sensor|
|Technical Paper||Application of a Mass Airflow Sensor to the Automotive Environment|
CitationNishimura, Y., Ohyama, Y., Tokuda, H., Ohsawa, T. et al., "A Hot Wire Air Flow Meter for Intake Air Flow Measurement," SAE Technical Paper 890301, 1989, https://doi.org/10.4271/890301.
- Sauer R. “Hot Wire Air Mass Meter - A New Air Flow Meter for Gasoline Fuel Injection Systems” SAE Paper 800468
- Nishimura Y. et al “Hot Wire Air Flow Meter for Engine Control System” Proceedings of ISATA '81 1981
- Bremer R. J. “Application of a Mass Airflow Sensor to the Automotive Environment” Proceedings of the 3rd International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering 1983 637 641
- Sauer R. “Hot-Film Air Mass Meter - A Low-Cost Approach to Intake Air Measurement” SAE Paper 880560
- Sumal J. S. et al “Bosch Mass Air Flow Meter: Status and Further Aspects” SAE Paper 840137