This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Part 572 and Hybrid III Dummy Comparison Sled Test Simulations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to validate a Hybrid III dummy analytical simulation data set, a sled impact test was simulated in which both a Part 572 dummy and a Hybrid III dummy were used. Each dummy was restrained with a three-point belt system during the 32G sled test. The Crash Victim Simulator (CVS )/Articulated Total Body (ATB) model simulations were set up to reflect the same conditions as in the test and the previously developed standard Part 572 and the newly developed Hybrid III dummy body data sets were used. Graphics of the dummies' motion from the simulation are compared with films of the sled test. Accelerometer and load cell data from both the test and simulations are also used to demonstrate the validity of the CVS/ATB model for simulating the Hybrid III dummy dynamics.
|Technical Paper||Development and Validation of High Fidelity Vehicle Crash Simulation Models|
|Journal Article||Modeling of Adaptive Energy Absorbing Steering Columns for Dynamic Impact Simulations|
CitationObergefell, L., Kaleps, ., and Steele, S., "Part 572 and Hybrid III Dummy Comparison Sled Test Simulations," SAE Technical Paper 880639, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880639.
- Fleck, J.T. Butler, F.E. DeLeys, N.J. “Validation of the Crash Victim Simulator,” Calspan Report Nos. ZS-5881-V-1 through 4, DOT-HS-806-279 through 282 1982 1-4
- Kaleps, I. White, R.P. Beecher, R.M. Whitestone, J. Obergefell, L.A. “Measurement of Hybrid III Dummy Properties and Analytical Simulation Data Base Development,” AAMRL Report No. AAMRL-TR-88-005 February 1988
- Kaleps, I. Marcus, J.H. “Predictions of Child Motion During Panic Breaking and Impact,” Proc. 26th Stapp Car Crash Conference SAE Paper No. 821166 October 1982
- Kaleps, I. Obergefell, L.A. Ryerson, J. “Simulation of Restrained Occupant Dynamics During Vehicle Rollover,” Final Report for DOT Interagency Agreement DTNH22-83-X-07296
- Obergefell, L.A. Kaleps, I. Johnson, A.K. “Prediction of an Occupant's Motion During Rollover Crashes,” Proc. 30th Stapp Car Crash Conf. SAE Paper No. 821166 October 1986