This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Error Handling Strategies for Automotive Networks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1988 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A significant portion of communication in Automotive Networks consists of signals, which are vital to the safety of the vehicle. In addition to requirements resulting from the actual transfer of information an Automotive Communication Protocol has to incorporate properties which ensure operational safety even in presence of errors. Based upon a discrimination into reversible errors and irreversible failures, defect nodes have to be determined and subsequently disconnected from the network. In this paper proper schemes for error detection, report, recovery and confinement are presented.
|Technical Paper||Error Detection Analysis of Automotive Communication Protocols|
|Technical Paper||Car Control by a Central Electronic System|
|Technical Paper||Application Specific Microcontroller for Multiplex Wiring|
CitationKiencke, U., Dais, S., Litschel, M., and Unruh, J., "Error Handling Strategies for Automotive Networks," SAE Technical Paper 880587, 1988, https://doi.org/10.4271/880587.
- Johnson, W. J. Volk, J. R. “A Proposal for a Vehicle Network Protocol Standard” SAE-Paper 860392
- Kiencke, U. Dais, S. Litschei, M. “Automotive Serial Controller Area Network” SAE-Paper 860391
- Kiencke, U. Cao, C. T. Litschei, M. “The Impact of Bit Representation on Noise Emissions in Automotive Networks” IEE Conference on Automotive Electronics Oct. 1987 London 200 203
- Peterson, W. W. Brown, D. T. “Cyclic Codes for Error Detection” Proc. IRE vol 49 228 235 1961
- Tanenbaum, A. S. “Computer Networks” Prentice/Hall 1981 125 135
- Lin, S. Costello, D. J. “Error Control Coding” Prentice/Hall 1983 141 183
- Kiencke, U. “Serial Communication Network among Distributed Microcontrollers” Western Conference on Computer and Communication Anaheim Nov. 1986
- Kiencke, U. Dais, S. “Application Specific Microcontroller for Multiplex Wiring” SAE-Paper 870515