This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Heavy Truck Ride Using a Desktop Computer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents an overview of the development and application of a simulation model used for the study of tractor-semitrailer ride dynamics. The model incorporates system excitation from road roughness, nonlinear leaf spring characteristics, dynamic spring rate characteristics of air springs, and a first-order analysis model of frame flexure.
CitationHu, G., "Simulation of Heavy Truck Ride Using a Desktop Computer," SAE Technical Paper 871557, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/871557.
- Sayers, M.W. Gillespie, T.D. “The Effect of Suspension System Nonlinearities on Heavy Truck Vibration” IAVSD Symposium Cambridge, England September 1981
- Fancher, F.S. Ervin, R.D. MacAdam, C.C. Winkler, C.B. “Measurement and Representation of the Mechanical Properties of Truck Leaf Springs” SAE Paper 800905 August 1980
- Cebon, D. “Simulation of the Response of Leaf Springs to Broad Band Random Excitation” Vehicle System Dynamics 15 6 1986
- Burkley, T.E. Myers, P.F. “Design and Validation of Variable Rate Pneumatic Springs,” SAE Paper 800483 February 1980
- Kim, S.S. Shabana, A.A. Haug, E.J. “Automated Vehicle Dynamic Analysis with Flexible Components,” Transactions of the ASME 106 March 1984
- Murphy, R.W. Bernard, J.E. Winkler, C.B. “A Computer Based Mathematical Method for Predicting the Braking Performance of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers. Phase I Report,” The University of Michigan Report no. UM-HSRI-PF-72-1 September 1972
- Bernard, J.E. Winkler, C.B. Fancher, P.S. “A Computer Based Mathematical Method for Predicting the Directional Response of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers. Phase II Report,” The University of Michigan Report no. UM-HSRI-PF-73-1 June 1973
- Moncarz, H.T. Bernard, J.E. Fancher, P.S. “A Simplified, Interactive Simulation for Predicting the Braking and Steering Response of Commercial Vehicles” The University of Michigan Report no. UM-HSRI-PF-75-8 August 1975
- Winkler, C.B. et al “Predicting the Braking Performance of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers. Phase III Report,” The University of Michigan Report no. UM-HSRI-76-26 June 1976
- Gillespie, T.D. et al “Truck and Tractor-Trailer Dynamic Response Simulation - T3DRS-.V1,” The University of Michigan Report no. UM-HSRI-79-38 June 1979
- MacAdam, C.C. et al “A Computerized Model for Simulating the Braking and Steering Dynamics of Trucks, Tractor-Semitrailers, Doubles, and Triples Combinations - Users' Manual. Phase 4 Report,” The University of Michigan Report no. UM-HSRI-80-58 June 1980