On the Design of a Low Vibration Helical Gear for Automobiles
Published November 08, 1987 by SAE Australasia in Australia
Annotation ability available
This study has revealed by taking nondimensional measures that the vibrational characteristics, basically the behaviour of stiffness, of helical gear pairs whose transverse and overlap contact ratios are invariant are identical. The feature is colligated correspondingly at the point on the contact ratio domain by the coordinate of their transverse and overlap contact ratio.
By the colligation, the charts have been proposed as named the performance diagram on vibration, which indicate the level of vibration of a pair by contour lines on the contact ratio domain, after the vibrations of helical gear pairs are calculated by a developed simulator.
The work has established the method of easy design and improvement for the lower vibration helical gear pair by a cursory glance at these proposed diagrams.
CitationUmezawa, K. and Suzuki, T., "On the Design of a Low Vibration Helical Gear for Automobiles," SAE Technical Paper 871222, 1987.
- Umezawa, K., “Deflection and Moments due to a Concentrated Load on a lack-Shaped Cantilever Plate with Finite Width for Gears”, Bull. JSME, Vol.15, No. 79(1972) p116
- Umezawa, K., “The Meshing Test on Helical Gears under Load Transmission (1st Report)”, Bull. JSME, Vol.15, (1972) p1632
- Umezawa, K., and Ishikawa, J., “Deflection due to Contact between Gear Teeth with Finite Width”, Bull. JSME, Vol.16, No.97(1973) p1085
- Umezawa, K., “The Meshing Test on Helical Gears under Load Transmission”, Bull. JSME, Vol.17, No.112(1974) p1378
- Umezawa, K., and Ishikawa, J, “On cylindrical Gear without Statical behaviours of Driven Gears under any load”, Bull. JSME, Vol.18, No.122(1975) p875
- Umezawa, K, “Vibration of Power Transmission Helical Gear with Narrow Facewidth”. ASME.paper 84-DET-159(1984)
- Umezawa, K. Sato, T. and Ishikawa, J., “Simulation on Rotational Vibration of Spur Gears”, Bull. JSME, Vol.27, No.223(1984) p102
- Umezawa, K. Suzuki, T., Houjoh, H., and Sato, T., “Vibration of Power Transmission Helical Gears (The effect of contact ratio on the vibration)”, Bull. JSME, Vol.28, No.238(1985) p694