This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Cornering Properties of a Vehicle Over the Whole Range of Working Conditions
Published November 08, 1987 by SAE Australasia in Australia
Annotation ability available
This paper describes some research works on handling simulation relating to limit maneuvers of vehicles. Some distinguishing features of the model, especially the tire model, and some cautious treatment of nonlinearities and asymmetricities relating to serious operating conditions are presented. Several application examples and test verifications are also shown.
CitationGuo, K. and Liu, Y., "Simulation of Cornering Properties of a Vehicle Over the Whole Range of Working Conditions," SAE Technical Paper 871154, 1987.
- Segel L. “Theoretical Prediction and Experimental Substantiation of the Response of the Automobile to Steering Control” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Automotive Division 1956-1957
- Okada T. Takiguchi T. Nishioka M. Utsunomiya G. “Evaluation of Vehicle handling and Stability by Computer Simulation at the First Stage of Vehicle Planning” SAE Paper 730525
- Bernard J.E. “A Digital Computer Method for the Prediction of the Directional Response of Trucks and Tractor-Trailers” SAE Paper 740138
- Fiala E. “Seitenkrfte am Rollenden Luftreifen” VDI Okt. 1954
- Harada N. “Performances of high Speed Tire and Its Test Methods”.[AT] (Journal of JSAE) 1968 9
- Fancher P.S. Ervin R.D. MacAdam C.C. Winkler C.B. “Measurement and Representation of the Mechanical Properties of Truck Leaf Springs” SAE Paper 800905 1980