This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design of an Excavator Arm Using Optimization Techniques
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the theoretical basis of SDRC's redesign package, Optisen. The use of the program is illustrated on the design of an excavator arm for stiffness and strength requirements.
CitationWard, P., Wakeling, A., Weeks, R., and Russell, R., "Design of an Excavator Arm Using Optimization Techniques," SAE Technical Paper 870814, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870814.
- Morris, A.J. “Foundations of Structural Optimization, A Unified Approach” John Wiley & Sons 1982
- Walsh G.R. “Methods of Optimization” J. Wiley & Sons 1975
- Morris A.J. “An Introduction to the Techniques of Structural Optimization” Int. J. of Vehicle Design 7 1986 231 241
- Bartholomew P. “A Dual Bound Used For Monitoring Structural Optimization Programs” Engineering Optimization 4 1979 45 50
- Arora J.S. Haug E.J. “Methods of Design Sensitivity Analysis in Structural Optimization” AIAA Journal 17 1979 970 974
- Addman H.M. Haftka R.T. “Sensitivity Analysis of Discrete Structural Systems” AIAA 24 1986 823 832
- Gurney, T.R. M.A., Ph.D., C.Eng., M.I.C.E., M.B.C.S. “Fatigue Design Rules for Welded Steel Joints” British Welding Institute