This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Accident Victim Interaction with Vehicle Interior: Reconstruction Fundamentals
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper provides a discussion of the principles involved in reconstructing the impact event experienced by a vehicle occupant during a collision. Because of the complicated mechanical nature of the human body and the vehicle interior, this discipline involves the application of both art and science. Recognized procedures are discussed for collecting and analyzing information and reaching conclusions. Particular attention is given to evidence available from the accident vehicle.
|Technical Paper||Occupant Protection in Lateral Impacts|
|Technical Paper||Motorist Head and Body Impact Analysis, Methodologies and Reconstruction|
|Technical Paper||The Effect of Impact Angle on Knee Tolerance to Rigid Impacts|
CitationNyquist, G. and Kennedy, E., "Accident Victim Interaction with Vehicle Interior: Reconstruction Fundamentals," SAE Technical Paper 870500, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870500.
- Field Accidents: Data Collection, Analysis, Methodologies, and Crash Injury Reconstructions Society of Automotive Engineers February 1985
- Advances in Belt Restraint Systems: Design, Performance and Usage Society of Automotive Engineers February 1984
- Moffatt C.A. Moffatt E.A. Weiman T.R. “Diagnosis of Seat Belt Usage in Accidents,” SAE Paper No. 840396 Society of Automotive Engineers February 1984
- Occupant Crash Interaction With The Steering System Publication SP-507 Society of Automotive Engineers February 1982
- McConville J.T. Churchill E. “Statistical Concepts in Design,” Report No. AMRL-TR-76-29 Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio May 1976
- Reynolds H.M. Clauser C.E. McConville J. Chandler R. Young J.W. “Mass Distribution Properties of the Male Cadaver,” SAE Paper No. 750424 Society of Automotive Engineers February 1975
- “Human Tolerance to Impact Conditions as Related to Motor Vehicle Design,” Information Report SAE J885 APR80 Society of Automotive Engineers 1980
- Strother C.E. Smith G.C. James M.B. Warner C.Y. “Injury and Intrusion in Side Impacts and Rollovers,” SAE Paper No. 840403 Society of Automotive Engineers February 1984
- King A.I. Chou C.C. “Mathematical Modelling, Simulation and Experimental Testing of Biomechanical Systems Crash Response,” Journal of Biomechanics 9 301 317 1976