This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The AISI Automotive Steel Design Manual
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The American Iron and Steel Institute has published the Automotive Steel Design Manual for design engineers and designers of automobile and light truck bodies. The Manual bring together in one volume essential information on sheet steel in the areas of design, materials, and manufacturing, consistent with the current trend toward simultaneous engineering in the automotive industry. The materials and manufacturing sections offer information that will be useful when the design engineer interacts with the materials and manufacturing members of the simultaneous engineering team. The design section will guide in selecting the optimum sheet steel for his application.
|Technical Paper||IMPACT Phase II - Study to Remove 25% of the Weight from a Pick-up Truck|
|Technical Paper||High Strength Steel Siderails-A Comparative Evaluation|
|Technical Paper||Development of Aluminum Disc Wheel for Truck and Bus|
CitationCowie, G., "The AISI Automotive Steel Design Manual," SAE Technical Paper 870462, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870462.
- Kappmeyer, K. K., “A Marriage of Convenience”, Automotive News, September 1, 1986.
- Automotive Steel Design Manual, American Iron and Steel institute, Washington, D.C., October 1986.
- Given, L., “Simultaneous Engineering”, Automotive Engineering, October 1986.
- Lutz, L. A. Structural Design Using The Automotive Steel Design Manual, SAE Paper No. 870463, February 1987.
- Automotive Steel Design Manual, P. 4.1-1. American Iron and Steel institute, Washington, D.C., October 1986.