This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Considerations for Enclosures in Automotive Sound Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the introduction of a “systems approach” to high quality automotive sound systems, the need for increasingly more sophisticated components arises. More and more systems designers are utilizing enclosed speaker systems as an integral part of an overall system. The increased challenge to the component designer to work within decreasingly available packaging space in the automobile while improving acoustic performance is necessarily the concern of the systems designer as well. This paper will explore design considerations when working with enclosures to assure that a high level of system performance be attained.
CitationMoffat, G. and Kem, S., "Design Considerations for Enclosures in Automotive Sound Systems," SAE Technical Paper 870141, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870141.
- Thiele A. N. “Loudspeakers in Vented Boxes” Loudspeakers AES Inc. 1978
- Small R. N. “Closed-Box Loudspeaker Systems, Parts I & II” Loudspeakers AES Inc. 1978
- Small R. N. “Vented-Box Loudspeaker Systems, Parts I-IV” Loudspeakers AES Inc. 1978
- Iverson J. K. “The Theory of Loudspeaker Cabinet Resonances” Loudspeakers AES, Inc. 1978
- Bradbury L. J. S. “The Use of Fibrous Materials in Loudspeaker Enclosures” Loudspeakers AES Inc. 1978
- Blind H. F. Dorfstatter W. Geddes E. R. “In Pursuit of Elusive Loudspeaker Parameters” Presented at the 78th Convention of the AES May 1985
- Clark D. L. Geddes E. R. “Passively Assisted Loudspeakers” Presented at the 79th Convention on the AES October 1985
- Blind H. F. Geddes E. R. “Equalized Sound Power (ESP) Auto Sound System” Presented at the 76th Convention of the AES October 1984
- Novak J.F. “Performance of Enclosures for Low-Resonance High-Compliance Loudspeakers” Loudspeakers AES, Inc. 1978
- Kinsler L. E. Frey A. R. Fundamentals of Acoustics John Wiley and Sons 1962
- Colloms M. High Performance Loudspeakers Halstead Press 1985
- Beranek L. L. Acoustics J. Wiley and Sons 1954
- Clarke T. L. “Augmented Passive-Radiator Loudspeaker Systems, Parts I and II” Loudspeakers AES, Inc. 1978