This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Overview of the Way EDCRASH Computes Delta-V
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1987 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The two procedures, DAMAGE and OBLIQUE IMPACT, which are used by EDCRASH for computing delta-V, are described in detail. Enhancements in EDCRASH Version 4 which improve the DAMAGE method of computing delta-V are also described. The advantages and disadvantages of each method are explored, and the numerical and graphical output and use of warning messages are reviewed. In general, it was found the two methods are complimentary: The DAMAGE procedure is best-suited for the conditions in which the OBLIQUE IMPACT procedure is least-suited, and vice-versa.
CitationDay, T. and Hargens, R., "An Overview of the Way EDCRASH Computes Delta-V," SAE Technical Paper 870045, 1987, https://doi.org/10.4271/870045.
- Mackay, G.M. “Injury and Collision Severity,” SAE Paper No. 680779 October 1968
- Advances in Belt Restraint Systems: Design, Performance and Usage Society of Automotive Engineers February 1984
- Day, T.D. Nagle, D.G. Beals. K. “Case Studies Involving the Use and Non-use of Seatbelts,” SAE Paper No. 861091 November 1986
- Day, T.D. EDCRASH Training Manual Engineering Dynamics Corporation Lake Oswego, OR 1986
- Woolley, R.L. Warner, C.Y. Tagg. D. “Inaccuracies in the CRASH3 Program,” SAE Paper No. 850255 February 1985
- Vehicle Dynamics Terminology Society of Automotive Engineers Technical Report SAE - J670e July 1976
- Collision Deformation Classification Society of Automotive Engineers Technical Report SAE - J224 MAR80 March 1980
- Oppenheim, T. “CRASH2 Maintenance Volume 2 - Listing of Test Runs,” NTIS PB81-246175 May 1981
- Day, T.D. Hargens, R.L. “Differences Between EDCRASH and CRASH3,” SAE Paper No. 850253 February 1985
- Vehicle Analysis Package - EDCRASH Program Manual, Version 4.0 Engineering Dynamics Corporation Lake Oswego, OR 1986
- Jones, I. Baum, A. “Research Input for Computer Simulation of Automobile Collisions - Volume IV: Staged Collision Reconstructions,” DOT HS- 805 040 December 1978
- McHenry, R.R. McHenry, B.G. “A Revised Damage Analysis Procedure for the CRASH Computer Program,” SAE Paper No. 861894 October 1986
- MAPTAR (Microcomputer Application Programs for Traffic Accident Reconstruction) Course The Traffic Institute, Northwestern University Evanston, IL March to September 1986