This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Corrosive Wear of Cast Iron Under Reciprocating Lubrication
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to study the wear of cylinder bore fundamentally, a reciprocating friction tester was produced and utilized. The friction between a cast iron and a piston-ring and the wear of the cast iron were examined under the corrosive oil with sulphuric acid.
The findings are summarized as follows; (1) The friction and wear around TDC and BDC was confirmed to be greater than between these reversal points. (2) The friction and wear around the reversal points increased with the sulphuric acid which has caused the deficiency of oil film and the corrosion of the cast iron.
|Technical Paper||The State of the Art of the Internal Plasma Spraying on Cylinder Bore in AlSi Cast Alloys|
|Technical Paper||Development of Plastic Intake Manifold by DRI Process|
CitationYahagi, Y., Nagasawa, Y., Hotta, S., and Mizutani, Y., "Corrosive Wear of Cast Iron Under Reciprocating Lubrication," SAE Technical Paper 861599, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/861599.
- Eyre T.S. Dent N. Dale P. “Wear characteristics of piston rings and cylinder liners” ASLE/ASME Lubrication Conference October 5-7 New Orleans 1981
- Dueck G.E. “Trends in piston ring development for high output diesel engines” SAE 8511193 1985
- Pumphrey S.G. Cameron A. “Bore polishing in a test apparatus” Tribol Reciprocating Engines 176 188 1983
- Yahagi Y. Mizutani Y. “Corrosive wear of cast iron in sulphuric acid” ASME/ASLE Tribology Conference October 20-22 1986
- Yahagi Y. Hotta S. Mizutani Y. “Corrosive wear of cast iron (2) - Influence of carbon particles added into sulphuric acid-” JSLE Trans
- Dowson D. Higginson G.R. Elasto-hydrodynamic lubrication Pergamon Press 96 1977
- Uras H.M. Patterson D.J. “Oil and ring effect on piston-ring assembly friction by the instantaneous IMEP method” SAE 850440 1985
- Saito H. Mechanical Dynamics Asakurashoten 86 1982