This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Magazine's Views on Automotive Testing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Road test features in Road & Track magazine reflect the enthusiast backgrounds of its editorial and art staff, varied capabilities in data gathering and a broad readership. During the magazine's history, the editorial presentation has evolved into a blend of objective test data and subjective impressions about the cars evaluated. The process for gathering these elements is described here. Data of slalom and skidpad values are analyzed as well.
CitationSimanaitis, D., "A Magazine's Views on Automotive Testing," SAE Technical Paper 861114, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/861114.
- Lamar Instruments 2107 Artesia Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA 90278
- “What is Performance?,” Road & Track January 1984
- Mintex Ltd. PO Box 18, Yorks. BD19 6NL, England
- GenRad Inc. PO Box 19500, 17361 Armstrong Ave, Irvine, CA 92714
- “Technical Tidbits: “Round and “Round in Circles over You.” Road & Truck July 1985
- Chrysler-Shelby Performance Center 12140 Slausen Ave, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- “Powertrains Every Which Way,” Road & Track August 1985
- “Technical Tidbits: Skinning the Slalom et al,” Road & Track February 1985