This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
EEC IV Full Authority Diesel Fuel Injection Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A fuel authority diesel control has been built and demonstrated using a commercially available electronic engine control module in conjunction with the BKM Servojet fuel injection system. The electronic system consists of a Ford EEC-IV module, sensors, and a driver package. A description of the structure and the develoment of the EEC-IV can be found in reference 1. The BKM Servojet fuel injection system is a very simple medium pressure common-rail system with pressure intensifier and accumulator type injectors. Each injector contains a solenoid valve, which is required to energize and to subsequently deenergize for each cylinder firing.
A detailed description of this system can be found in reference 2. The application described is a retrofit to a production engine which is sold in both industrial and agricultural product versions. The prototype system replaces a conventional pump, line, and nozzle system having a mechanical flyweight governor. The engine is a four cylinder turbocharged, direct-injected diesel. This paper describes prototype hardware and control strategies.
CitationWeseloh, W., "EEC IV Full Authority Diesel Fuel Injection Control," SAE Technical Paper 861098, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/861098.
- Breitzman R.C. Kerins J.H. “Development of an Optimal Automotive Control Custom Microprocessor” SAE Paper No. 820250
- Beck N.J. Barkhimer Robert L. Calkins Michael A. Johnson William P. Weseioh William E. “Direct Digital Control of Electronic Unit Injectors” SAE Paper No. 840273
- Barkhimer R.L. Beck N.J. Weseioh W.E. “Development f a Durable, Reliable and Fast Responding Solenoid Valve” SAE Paper No. 831326
- Bergfried Dietrich E. Mayer Ulrich Schleupen Richard Werner Peter “Engine Management Systems in Hybrid Technology” SAE Paper No. 860593
- Shinoda Kazuo Koide Hiroshi Kobayashi Fumiaki Nagase Masaomi Ikeda Shinji Takata Mamoru Nakano Jiro “Development of New Electronic Control System for a Diesel Engine” SAE Paper No. 860597
- Laurent Harold Hoonhorst Hans “Fenix 11 - The Engine Control System of Tomorrow” SAE Paper No. 860483
- Gerhard F. Bruce Jr. Matsuda Minoru Funabashi Kazuo “Advanced Microcomputer for Engine Control” SAE Paper No. 860484
- Sullivan John A. “European Applications of Ford Central Fuel Injection Engine Control System” SAE Paper No. 840546