This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Artificial Intelligence Applied to Audio Systems Diagnosis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 20, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The emerging field of artificial Intelligence offers great promise for using computers to tackle problems that have proved intractable in the past. One such problem, diagnosis and repair of complex mechanical and electronic systems, has been the subject of intense research and development efforts in universities and commercial AI companies. This paper describes one approach to machine diagnosis, called TEST, and how it has been applied to the diagnosis and repair of car audio systems.
CitationPepper, J. and Mullins, D., "Artificial Intelligence Applied to Audio Systems Diagnosis," SAE Technical Paper 861042, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/861042.
- [Carnegie Group Inc 86] Knowledge Craft Reference Manual Carnegie Group Inc. 1986
- [DeJong 86] DeJong, G.F. An Approach to Learning from observation Michalski, R. S. Carbonell, J. G. Mitchell, T. M. Machine Learning: An Artificial Intelligence Approach 571 590 Morgan Kaufmann Los Altos CA 1986
- [Harmon 86] Harmon, P. Inventory and Analysis of Existing Expert Systems Expert System Strategies 2 1-14 August 1986
- [Hayes-Roth 83] Hayes-Roth, F. Waterman D. Lenat D. Building Expert Systems Addison-Wesley Reading, Mass 1983
- [Lenat 86] Lenat, D. Prakash M. Shepherd M. CYC: Using Common Sense Knowledge to Overcome Brittleness and Knowledge Acquisition Bottlenecks Al Magazine 6 4 65 84 Winter 1986
- [McDermott 82] McDermott, J. R1: A Rule-Based Configurer of Computer Systems Artificial Intelligence 19 9 39 88 September 1982
- [Pepper and Kahn 86] Pepper, J. Kahn G. Knowledge Craft: an Environment for Rapid Prototyping of Expert Systems Proceedings of the SME Conference on Artificial Intelligence for the Automotive Industry March 1986
- [Shortliffe 76] Shortliffe, E. H. Computer-Based Medical Consultations: MYCIN American Elsevier New York 1976