This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Kinematic Calculation and Design Optimization of Vehicle's Front Independent Suspension Control Arms
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The design of control arms of vehicle's front independent suspension is a complicated and constrained optimization problem with multi-objective functions and multi-variables.
By use of linear transformation theory, a general calculating method and the relevant computer programme for kinematics within the range of displacement of all kinds of independent and dependent suspensions are worked out first, which can also be used to calculate the values of objective functions in the process of optimization.
Based on the analysis of orthogonal experimental designs (factorial experiments), a sort of three steps design optimization of control arms of wishbone type front independent suspension and the relevant computer programme are then presented, which can also be used for the design of other types of independent suspensions.
|Technical Paper||An Optimal Suspension for an Automobile on a Random Road|
|Technical Paper||Optimization of Active and Passive Suspensions Based on a Full Car Model|
CitationZheng-yu, L., Jing-ying, S., and Jing-guang, L., "Kinematic Calculation and Design Optimization of Vehicle's Front Independent Suspension Control Arms," SAE Technical Paper 860577, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860577.
- “AUTOMOBILE THEORY” Tsinghua University Zhi-sheng Yu
- “AUTOMOBILE DESIGN” Jilin Industrial Institute
- “NON-LINEAR MODEL FORMULATION FOR THE STATIC AND DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF FRONT SUSPENSION” Morman K.N. SAE 770052
- “SUSPENSION SYSTEM MODELING AND STRUCTURAL LOADING” Davis R.L. SAE 750134
- “ANALYSIS OF VEHICLE SUSPENSION WITH STATIC AND DYNAMIC COMPUTER SIMULATIONS” Majcher J.S. Michaelson R.D. Subhedar J.W. SAE 760183
- The Advanced Algebra Peking University
- “KINEMATIC AND DYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS AND DESIGN OPTIMIZATION OF VEHICLE'S INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION SYSTEM” A doctor's dissertation of Tsinghua University Jing-ying Song Jing-guang Lun