This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automotive Serial Controller Area Network
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A high speed serial communication link has been developed for interconnecting electronic control units within automobiles. The incorporation of object oriented communication in conjunction with acceptance filtering introduces a new level of message handling efficiency and flexibility. Powerful error handling techniques guarantee safe operation in noisy automotive environments.
CitationKiencke, U., Dais, S., and Litschel, M., "Automotive Serial Controller Area Network," SAE Technical Paper 860391, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860391.
- Tuska J. W. “Muliplex Wiring with Microcomputer Control” SAE 840495
- Matsuzaki Y. Baba K. “Development of Multiplex Wiring System with Optical Data Link for Automobiles” SAE 840492
- Lowndes M. W. Phillips P. E. “The Motocar Multiplex Systems” Fourth International conference xon automotive electronics 1983
- Blasi A. Fabregat F. Vidal J. “Modular Electronic Signals for Automobiles”
- Bozzini A. J. Goldberger A. “Serial Bus Structures for Automotive Applications” SAE 830536