This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Child Safety-Design Criteria and Performance of Booster Cushions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 24, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Based upon the given state of art, general requirements and additional safety criteria for booster cushion systems are established. Applying the safety criteria, the performance and its limitations of a typical booster cushion is investigated by means of an extensive test program. For this purpose a variety of different shoulder point positions is considered.
The results obtained from this study lead to design criteria. Systems designed to these criteria should be capable of fulfilling all the requirements established.
|Technical Paper||Development of a Seat Belt Booster Cushion Standard|
|Technical Paper||Booster Cushions: From Experimentation to Usage in France|
CitationKlanner, W. and Czernakowski, W., "Child Safety-Design Criteria and Performance of Booster Cushions," SAE Technical Paper 860367, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860367.
- Norin Hans et al. “Child Restraints In Cars - An Approach to Safe Family Transportation” Volvo Car Corp. 1979 SAE 790 320
- Turbell Thomas Aldman Bertin “A Global Approach to Child Restraint Systems” 1983 SAE Child Injury and Restraint Conference Proceedings P-135 SAE 831 605
- Ziegler Peter N. “Child Safety Seat Misuse” NHTSA 1983
- Dejeammes Maryvonne Tingvall Claes Nygren Ake “Effectiveness of Child Restraint Laws” 1985 OECD Workshop Washington
- Weber Kathleen Melvin John “Injury Potential with Misused Child Restraining Systems” 1983 SAE Child Injury and Restraint Conference Proceedings P-135 SAE 831604
- Goldman Patricia “A Summary of the National Transportation Safety Board Child Passenger Safety Study” 1984 SAE 840520
- Waters P. E. “Development of a Seat Belt Booster Cushion Standard” 1983 SAE Child Injury and Restraint Conference Proceedings P-135 SAE 831 653
- Radovich Vladislav “Development of Infant and Child Restraint Regulations and Their Application” 1983 SAE Child injury and Restraint Conference Proceedings P-135 SAE 831655
- Tarrière C. et al. “From Three-Years-Old to Adult Size - How to Ensure Child Protection in Automobile Accidents” 1983 SAE Child Injury and Restraint Conference Proceedings P-135 SAE 831664
- Roberts Adrian Lowne Richard “An Abdominal Penetration Detector for TNO Child Dummies” 1984 TRRL Supplementary Report 827