This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Transient Emissions from an Uncolled Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A Cummins B55 in3 350 bhp heavy-duty, turbocharged diesel engine was tested in fully cooled and uncooled modes over the EPA transient emission test cycles for comparison of gaseous and particulate emissions. The results are presented at the same fuel injection timing and at similar NOx emission levels. Also, steady state emission measurements and analysis of real-time transient emission data of selected runs are discussed. The uncooled engine does not represent an adiabatic (insulated) engine in its emission characateristics, but may indicate some trends. It may be useful in identifying design and/or operating parameters that need optimization.
CitationVan Sudhakar, . and Hunter, G., "Transient Emissions from an Uncolled Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 860224, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860224.
- Bryzik W. Kamo R. “TACOM/CUMMINS Adiabatic Engine Program” 1983 SAE International Congress and Exposition SAE Paper 830314
- Sudhakar V. “Performance Analysis of Adiabatic Engine” 1984 SAE International Congress and Exposition SAE Paper 840431
- Wade W. R. Hanstad P. H. Ounsted E. J. Trinker F. H. Garwin I. J. “Fuel Economy Opportunities With An Uncooled DI Diesel Engine” SAE 841286
- Alkidas A. C. Cole R. M. “The Effects of Coolant Temperature on the Performance and Emissions of a Single-Cylinder Divided-Chamber Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 841053 1984
- Yoshimitsu T. Toyama K. Sato F. Yamaguchi H. “Capabilities of Heat Insulated Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 820431 1982
- Walzer P. Heinrich H. Langer M. “Ceramic Components in Passenger-Car Diesel Engines” SAE Paper 850567 1985
- Belardini P. Bertoli C. Corcione F. E. Police G. “Thermal Barriers Adoptions in D.I. Diesel Engines: Effect on Smoke and Gaseous Emissions” 1984 SAE West Coast International Meeting & Exposition SAE Paper 840995
- French C. C. J. “Ceramics in Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines” SAE Paper 841135 1984