This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Double Layered Guest-Host LCD for Automotive Application
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 01, 1986 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a newly developed cholesteric double layered Guest-Host LCD, which has not only excellent legibility but wide operating temperature range.
The characteristic of this LCD is presented. A prototype instrument panel using this LCD is introduced. This instrument panel operates at −30 °C without heating system.
|Technical Paper||Instrument Panel Impact Study|
|Technical Paper||Response of instrument Panel Retainer Materials to Impact Loadings|
- Fumio Kadoo - Asahi Glass Electronic Products R&D Center Co., Ltd.
- Kazuyuki Akeyoshi - Asahi Glass Electronic Products R&D Center Co., Ltd.
- Yuichi Saitoh - Asahi Glass Electronic Products R&D Center Co., Ltd.
- Kazutoshi Sawada - Optrex Co., Ltd.
- Shoichi Kudoh - Optrex Co., Ltd.
- Ikumichi Terada - Asahi Glass Emp. Corp.
CitationKadoo, F., Akeyoshi, K., Saitoh, Y., Sawada, K. et al., "A New Double Layered Guest-Host LCD for Automotive Application," SAE Technical Paper 860183, 1986, https://doi.org/10.4271/860183.
- Sawada K. and Masuda Y. “Double Layered Guest-Host Display with Wide Operating Temperature Range.” Proc. of SID 23 (No.4) 241 (1982)
- Taguchi K., Ueno T., Naemura S. and Tani T. Fall Meeting of Appl. Phys. of Japan digest Paper 34 (1984)
- Kadoo F., Akeyoshi K. and Terada I. “A New LCD Instrument Panel for Automobiles” SAE Congress, february, 1982
- Matsushita K., Akeyoshi K. et al “LCD Legibility on Color for Automotive Applications” SAE Congress, February, 1984