This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CIM plus MAP
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The nervous system of a computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM) system is the set of communications hardware and software that interconnects the various parts of the manufacturing system. MAP, the Manufacturing Automation Protocol, is a set of communications protocols which is rapidly gaining acceptance as a standard for communications in manufacturing systems. The thesis of this paper is that CIM cannot be successful without a factory floor communication standard such as MAP.
CitationMorgan, D., "CIM plus MAP," SAE Technical Paper 851706, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/851706.
- Appleton, Daniel S. “CIM - A Program, Not a Project.” Cim Review, the Journal of Computer-Integrated Manufacturing Management 1 2 Winter 1985 3 6
- International Standard ISO 7498 Information Processing Systems - Open Systems Interconnection - Basic Reference Model First 1984 10 15 American National Standards Institute, Inc. 1 40
- IEEE Project 802 Local Area Network Standard Draft IEEE Standard 802.4, Token-Passing Buss Access Method and Physical Layer Specifications
- ISO Draft International Standard 8824 Information Processing Systems - Open Systems Interconnection Specification of Abstract Syntax Notation One, (ASN.1) ISO/TC97/SC21/N24 1985
- ISO Draft International Standard 8825 Information Processing Systems - Open Systems Interconnection Specification of Basic Encoding Rules for Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) ISO/TC97/SC21/N25 1985