This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Torsion Dynamic Load Analysis of Passenger Car Body
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Reliable replacement of road tests with the appropriate laboratory ones is possible if the loads corresponding to those in the field are simulated under laboratory conditions, or if there is a correlation between automobile usage load conditions and the laboratory simulated load spectrum. In this report, experimental research is presented on the torsion vibration- deformation of the car body under actual operating conditions. The purpose is to collect the necessary data for development of appropriate methods in accelerated laboratory tests. This report discusses the vehicle load classification in terms of stress, the torsion stress and car body life, the modes for measurement, development of a device for measurement of torsion deformations in vehicle operating conditions, and applied instrumentation.
The results are given in the form of loads-amplitude-distribution curves depending on the class of road. The cumulative spectrums of loads are shown and the fatigue curves (in form Mmn = const) are given.
CitationSimic, D., Jelic, L., and Aksic, M., "Torsion Dynamic Load Analysis of Passenger Car Body," SAE Technical Paper 851683, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/851683.
- Simic, D.; Jelic, L.J.; and Aksic, M., Cirovic, M. “Odredjivanje metode za ubraano ispitivanje karoserije putnickug automobila.” J. MVM, Nr. 9, 1976, Masinski fakultet, Kragujevac, Yugoslavia.
- Simic, D.; Jelic, L.J. and Arsfc, M. “Determination of a Method for Accelerated Testing of Body Life and Stiffness” KONMOT 1978, Proceeding, Poland Academy of Science.
- Fiala, E.: “Aufbauten von Personenwagen” HandBuch 2, Eussien, W. Berlin, 1965.
- Johnson, P. O. “Automobile Body Load” SAE - Transactions 64, 1956.
- Simic, D., Radonjic, R.: “Matematicke osnove za opis karakteristika nevavmina puta. J. MVM, Nr. 2, 1975, Masinski fakultet Kragujevac.
- Kamal, M. M. and Wolf, A. J. Modern Automotive Structural Analysis, Van Nostrand Reinold Company, 1982.