This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Generated Spiral Bevel Gears: Optimal Machine-Tool Settings and Tooth Contact Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new approach for the determination of machine-tool settings for the generation of spiral bevel gears has been developed. Those settings provide zero kinematical errors and an improved bearing contact. A computer aided program for the tooth contact analysis has been proposed.
- Faydor L Litvin - University of Illinois at Chicago Department of Mechanical Engrg.
- Wei-Jiung Tsung - University of Illinois at Chicago Department of Mechanical Engrg.
- John J. Coy - Research and Technology Laboratories Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, OH Propulsion Laboratory, AVSCOM
- Charles Heine - Dana Corp. Fort Wayne, IN
CitationLitvin, F., Tsung, W., Coy, J., and Heine, C., "Generated Spiral Bevel Gears: Optimal Machine-Tool Settings and Tooth Contact Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 851573, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/851573.
- Gear Handbook Dudley, D.W. McGraw-Hill 1962
- Anon. Tooth Contact Analysis, Formulas and Calculation Procedures Gleason Works Rochester April 1964
- Anon. Understanding Tooth Contact Analysis Gleason Works Rochester 1980
- Townsend, D.P. Coy, J.J. Ilatvani, B.R. OH-58 Helicopter Transmission Failure Analysis NASA TM X-71867 January 1976
- Litvin, F.L. The Theory of Gearing 2nd Nauka, Moscow, USSR 1968
- Litvin, F.L. Rahman, P. Goldrich, R.N. “Mathematical Models for the Synthesis and Optimization of Spiral Bevel Gear Tooth Surfaces,” NASA Contractor Report 3551 June 1982
- Litvin, F.L. Coy, J.J. “Spiral-Bevel Geometry and Gear Train Precision,” Proceedings of the Symposium on Advanced Power Transmission Technology NASA 1983
- Litvin, F.L. Hayasaka, M.S. Rahman, P. Coy, J.J. “Synthesis and Analysis of Spiral Bevel Gears,” International Symposium on Design and Synthesis Tokyo July 1984
- Litvin, F.L. Gutman, Y. “Methods of Synthesis and Analysis for Hypoid Gear-Drives of ‘Formate’ and ‘Helix-form’,” Journal of Mechanical Design 83 113 103 1981
- Litvin, F.L. Gutman, Y. “A Method of Local Synthesis of Gears Grounded on the Connections between the Principal and Geodetic Curvatures of Surfaces,” Transactions of the ASME: Journal of Mechanical Design 114 125 103 1981
- Litvin, F.L. Die Bezichungen zwischen die Krümmungen der Zahnoberflächen bei räumlichen Verzahnungen ZAAM 49 11 685 690 1969 July 1977