This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Flight Investigation of Cabin Noise Control Treatments for a Light Turboprop Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 1985 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The in-flight evaluation of noise control treatments for a light, twin-engined turboprop aircraft presents several problems associated with data analysis and interpretation. These problems include data repeatability, propeller synchronization, spatial distributions of the exterior pressure field and acoustic treatment, and the presence of flanking paths. They are discussed here with regard to a specific aeroplane configuration. Measurements were made in an untreated cabin and in a cabin fitted with an experimental sidewall treatment. Results are presented in terms of the insertion loss provided by the treatment and comparison made with predictions based on laboratory measurements.
|Technical Paper||Vibration Absorbers Quiet Propeller Noise|
|Technical Paper||A Study on Relationship between Pad Restraint Condition and Brake Squeal Generation|
|Technical Paper||Design of a Quiet Inlet for a 6×6 Boundary Layer Flow Duct|
CitationWilby, J., O’Neal, R., and Mixson, J., "Flight Investigation of Cabin Noise Control Treatments for a Light Turboprop Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 850876, 1985, https://doi.org/10.4271/850876.
- Mixson, J.S., Powell, C.A., “Review of Recent Research on Interior Noise of Propeller Aircraft,” AIAA Paper 84-2349, October 1984.
- Wilby, J.F., “The Prediction of Interior Noise of Propeller-Driven Aircraft: A Review,” SAE Paper 830737, April 1983.
- Vaicaitis, R., “Recent Research on Noise Transmission into Aircraft,” The Shock and Vibration Digest, 14, 8, 13-18, August 1982.
- Wilby, J.F., “Propeller Aircraft Interior Noise”, Von Karntan Institute Lecture Series on Propeller Performance and Noise, Belgium, May 1982.
- Vaicaitis, R., Mixson, J.S., “Theoretical Design of Acoustic Treatment for Cabin Noise Control of a Light Aircraft,” AIAA Paper 84-2328, October 1984.
- Vaicaitis, R., Slazak, M., “Design of Sidewall Treatment for Cabin Noise Control of a Twin Engine Turboprop Aircraft,” NASA Contractor Report 172245, December 1983.
- Vaicaitis, R., “Study of Noise Transmission through Double Wall Aircraft Windows,” NASA Contractor Report 172182, October 1983.
- Vaicaitis, R., Slazak, M., “Cabin Noise Control for Twin Engine General Aviation Aircraft,” NASA Contractor Report 165833, February 1982.
- Vaicaitis, R., Chang, M.T., Slazak, M., “Noise Transmission and Attenuation for Business Aircraft,” SAE Paper 810561, April 1981.
- Vaicaitis, R., “Noise Transmission into a Light Aircraft,” J. Aircraft, 17, 2, 81-86, February 1981.
- Vaicaitis, R., Slazak, M., “Noise Transmission through Stiffened Panels,” J. Sound and Vibration, 70, 3, 413-426, 1980.
- Metcalf, V.L., Mayes, W.H., “Structure-borne Contribution of Interior Noise of Propeller Aircraft”, SAE Paper 830735, April 1983.
- Grosveld, F.W., Mixson, J.S., “Noise Transmission through an Acoustically-Stiffened Aircraft Sidewall,” AIAA Paper 84-2329, October 1984.
- Mixson, J.S., O'Neal, R.L., Grosveld, F.W., “Investigation of Fuselage Acoustic Treatment for a Twin-Engine Turboprop Aircraft in Flight and Laboratory Tests,” NASA Technical Memorandum 85722, January 1984.
- Grosveld, F.W., “Noise Transmission through Sidewall Treatments Applicable to Twin-Engine Turboprop Aircraft,” AIAA Paper 83-0695, April 1983.
- Vaicaitis, R., Bofilios, B.A., Eisler, R., “Experimental Study of Noise Transmission into a General Aviation Aircraft,” NASA Contractor Report 172357, June 1984.
- Barton, C.K., Mixson, J.S., “Noise Transmission and Control for a Light Twin-Engine Aircraft,” J. Aircraft, 18, 7, 570-575, July 1981.
- Mixson, J.S., Barton, C.K., Vaicaitis, R., “Investigation of Interior Noise in a Twin-Engine Light Aircraft,” J. Aircraft, 15, 4, 227-233, April 1978.
- Roussos, L.A., Mixson, J.S., “Acceleration Response of Fuselage Sidewall Panels on a Twin Engine, Light Aircraft,” Proceedings, Noise-Con 81, 291-294, 1981.
- Barton, C.K., Mixson, J.S. “Characteristics of Propeller Noise on an Aircraft Fuselage,” J. Aircraft, 18, 3, 200-205, March 1981.
- Piersol, A.G., Wilby, E.G., Wilby, J.F. “Evaluation of Aero Commander Propeller Acoustic Data: Taxi Operations,” NASA Contractor Report 159124, July 1979.
- Grosveld, F.W. “Characteristics of the Transmission Loss Apparatus at HASA Langley Research Center,” NASA Contractor Report 172153, May 1983.
- Beyer, T.B., Powell, C.A., Daniels, E.F., Pope, L.D. “Effects of Acoustic Treatment on the Interior Noise Levels of a Twin-Engine Propeller Aircraft-Experimental Flight Results and Theoretical Predictions,” AIAA Paper 84-2331, October 1984.
- Fuller, C.R. “Noise Control Characteristics of Synchrophasing-An Analytical Investigation,” AIAA Paper 84-2369, October 1984.
- Jones, J.D., Fuller, C.R. “Noise Control Characteristics of Synchrophasing-An Experimental Investigation,” AIAA Paper 84-2370, October 1984.